Wednesday 4 March 2009

Kiwis are cool: LADYHAWKE is here!

"Hi, my name is Ladyhawke. I'm a lady, not a band. I'm a lady who loves to play. I love video games. I love my guitars. Synths. Cats. Makin' noise, pressing buttons, wires, cables, solitude, staring at screens, movies, collecting stuff"

Phillipa Brown , was born in New Zealand in 1981, coming from a musical family, her mother is a singer and her stepfather a drummer.


She started to show a big interest for music since childhood, in high school she made part of numerous bands.


It wasn't until 2007 that she started to work on her personal musical project and persona she named this after 1985 Michelle's Pfeiffer movie 'LadyHawke'; because she sees herself as a sort of pop superwoman creating radio-friendly songs with a single bound.


She is being noted as being influenced by 1980s music and musicians like David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Nirvana, Prince, The Beatles among anothers.


During 2009 she will be on tour in the USA and the UK, for more information visit www.ladyhawkemusic.com



0 comments: